Best cards for demon invasion/Theives.

Welcome to Lies of Astaroth Discussion

Moderators: zoolee, robben, JustB, administrator

Best cards for demon invasion/Theives.

Postby MordorResident » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 am

I dont plan on leveling any of these cards, but with neither of my decks (all two turn and best possible cards deck) I am having difficulty getting any kind of damage in on the demons. I know my hero HP has alot do do with it, but what low teir cards can I get that will help to do some more damage and more Merit points.

I will also pose the same question for thieves, but I am sure the answer is just to field the best team you can.
In Game: MordorResident

inv ID: 44vqri

Re: Best cards for demon invasion/Theives.

Postby Chaosbringer101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 am

Field a deck. Watch the fight. Note what each demons skills do, what damage it does etc. Look at your cards, see which cards can take the hits, are resistant to the skills.. Mostly people tend to keep this info to themselves so they can do well in demon and get the better rewards.. but heres a small example to get you started..

A certain demon exiles. So you need a card that can take the damage and then be exiled and will come back. Obviously you will not use a 6T card as it will take too long to come out. (Also clan bonus to cards HP/Damage help)

Regarding thieves.. the higher the level the more immunity cards you may see. But generally high attack, or trap/quickstrike: Teleport (Prophet/Artemis) are good.

Cheers, CB.
Player Moderator

Postby Xienwolf » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 am

Fire Forge Rune with DarkElf cards is basically the king for demon invasion.

There are ways to do better for some demons, with considerably better cards. But DarkElf is something everyone can get.

There is ONE demon where using as many DarkElf as you can hit with before you die is NOT an automatic top 50. For all the rest, it is.

Get Fire Forge (3* Fire Rune, pretty easily acquired) and get it to level 4.

Collect DarkElf cards and level them up. At level 56 I can use 8 of them on Mahr, less on other demons.

Always use the MINIMUM possible cards when you attack a demon. Watch the fight, see if you lost due to life or lack of cards. You want to die to both at the same time (so if demon does 1800 per round, you want to draw your last card the same turn you are dropped below 1800 remaining health).

Cooldown between when you can hit is 60 seconds + 2 seconds per cost of the cards you use in the attack. This is why you want to use the fewest cards in the attack possible.

You need some of those special 4* or 5* cards to EVER have a card survive the demon's attack. Except in the case of Onaga, who can be dodged. All other demons do at least 1500 damage unavoidable every turn, which will kill any 3* or weaker card even with level 10 clan enhancements.

As a low level player starting out... get DarkElf cards, get them to level 10. Do this at the expense of gaining levels on the cards you use for the maps. Top 50 on Demon Invasion gets you enough to "catch up" later.

And NEVER try for first place, unless you have spent a ton of money. The people with 1 or 2 Winged Serpents will always take the top. If you don't have that card, you cannot compete with them unless you spend hundreds (possibly thousands) of crystals on extra attacks. Top 10... unlikely. Top 50... remarkably easy.

Some day enough people will listen to me about DarkElf, and that will make it less certain to get top 50. But that day is not here yet.
**RETIRED** -- Invite Code: 44twyp

OUTDATED GUIDES -- Map Guide - Card Guide - Skills Guide - Runes Guide - Cards by Source -- OUTDATED GUIDES

Postby Baguette » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 pm

3 star cards or lower that can be used on demons:

Rhinoknight
Murder doll
Darkelf
Dwarf sniper

All available through a starter pack.

4stars that can be used against demon with good results:

Chiefminotuar
Durahan
Blade master
Royal guard
Tinuth (RG & BM are preferable but tinuth helps buy time vs mahr if you have two and it activates arctic freeze)

Five star cards i use and switch between during a demon invasion:
Soul reaper
Phoenix
Seraph
Winged serpent (only available through certain events for a ton of money. Beware, your wallet WILL cry.)
Banshee (if i go for a 4turn res deck of banshee, serpent and 2 phoenix)

Use what you got and i hope this helped.
You still need to find out which ones work against which demons though.
Good luck
IGN:Baguette
Clan/Position:Leader of the Classy Knights
Server:Gaia
Code: 44tnf6
Phoenix Commander!

Postby MordorResident » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks guys I usually hit the demons once for my 5k, but I will start trying to hit them more to explore some. I am also approaching 25 so hopefully that will help once I get in a clan.

Postby Baguette » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 am

MordorResident wrote:Thanks guys I usually hit the demons once for my 5k, but I will start trying to hit them more to explore some. I am also approaching 25 so hopefully that will help once I get in a clan.

That will help immensly!
The class techs boost attack and hp which allows my reapers adn phoenix to survive 1500 retaliation and take the physical attack instead of me losing hp.
Having a high level is key because you have so much more HP and can take more hits. Which means you dish out more damage too.
IGN:Baguette
Clan/Position:Leader of the Classy Knights
Server:Gaia
Code: 44tnf6
Phoenix Commander!

Postby MordorResident » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 am

I missed the start of the Demon due to work, but using a Rhino and Dark Elf (both level 5) I was able to average about 500 per turn rather than the 200 from before. Thanks for the tips guys. I know I have another Dark Elf on the way after the tourney ends.

Postby Chaosbringer101 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 am

I believe in helping people to learn to themselves instead of telling them how to do it. Concentration cards work well Vs demons :)

Cheers, CB.
Player Moderator

Return to Lies of Astaroth Discussion